Hamper Delivery FAQ
Has my hamper been delivered?
Hampers going to interstate destinations will be sent with Australia Post. You will receive tracking information from Australia post by email once your hamper has been dispatched by Hill Street.
Please note that Australia Post is experiencing significant delays as a result of Covid-19 restrictions and delivery times may be longer than expected.
Hampers going to local and regional Tasmania will be sent with local couriers or Amarex/Fastway. You will receive a “despatched” email from Hill Street, after which your hamper will be delivered within 1-2 business days (local) or within 2-3 business days (regional Tasmania).
How long will it take for my gift to arrive?
Once your hamper leaves Hill Street it will be in the hands of our trusted couriers. Estimated delivery times are as follows. Please note these are estimates only and during peak times such as Christmas, our when deliveries are affected by the circumstances surrounding Covid-19, delivery times of hampers bound for interstate locations may be substantially delayed.
- Local Tasmanian deliveries to Hobart, Devonport and metropolitan areas will in most cases be fulfilled on your preferred delivery date, which can be placed as early as next day for preferred delivery.
- Regional Tasmanian orders may take 2-5 business days
- Metropolitan mainland orders may take 3-8 business days
- Regional mainland orders (WA, QLD & NT) may take up to 8+ business days
What happens if no-one is home?
Our couriers have Authority to Leave the hamper if no-one is home, and there is a safe place to do so. A safe place may include at the front door, hidden from view, out of the sun, and so on, if possible. If the courier cannot find a safe place (for example can’t get into a locked Unit block) then they will not leave the gift. No signature is required upon delivery.
If the hamper was delivered interstate by Australia Post, and could not be left safely, a card will be left for your hamper recipient. If will ask them to collect it from the nearest Post Office within 10 days. Additionally, if you are tracking your hamper on Australia Post’s website, you will receive updates so that you can make your recipient aware that they are receiving a delivery that day, if you wish.
For local Tasmanian deliveries delivered by local couriers, the courier will return the hamper to Hill Street if unable to deliver. We will attempt re-delivery and may call the recipient to arrange this. For Regional Tasmanian deliveries sent with Amarex/Fastway, a card will be left asking the recipient to collect from the nearest Amarex depot or Parcel Connect agent.
What happens if the address I gave is incorrect?
If you contact us on the same day as the order, or very soon after, we may be able to ask the courier to direct to another address. If you don’t contact us in time, one of the following may happen:
- The gift may be delivered, and potentially kept by the receiver at the wrong address. If this occurs there is nothing we can do as we don’t know who has the hamper.
- The gift may be delivered, and the receiver may contact us to inform us they have it. Generally this would be someone close to the original address and they may be able to hand-deliver it. If not, we will request the hamper be returned to us. If you wish the gift to be re-delivered, a new hamper fee and delivery fee will need to be charged, as the return of the hamper may take a long time and it may arrive damaged. If the hamper is not returned to us, we will assume is has been delivered and no refund is available.
Our friendly team are always happy to help! Please contact us at:
West Hobart (03) 6234 6849
Devonport (03) 6127 5355
Sandy Bay (03) 6240 4881
Longford (03) 6391 1409
Please keep in mind that during peak periods such as the days prior to Christmas, Mothers’ or Valentine’s Days, we may not be able to answer your queries immediately, but will take your details and contact you as soon as possible.